top of page

Non-Immigrant visas

Non-immigrant visas covered from a wide range of scope. Whether individuals’ motivations for temporarily staying in the United States are for leisure, pursing education, career-oriented or marriage/family uniting, choosing the right visas to apply not only saves time, but can guarantee higher chances of success.

The main difference between non-immigrant visas and immigrant visas are that non-immigrant visas usually limited the applicants with a specific period of time to stay in the U.S. The time can range from a few weeks to several years, depending on the types of visas; also, applicants for each specific non-immigrant visa petition are strictly allowed to come to the U.S. “only” for reasons that the visas specified. For instance, no student visa (F-1) individuals can deviate from the duty of being a full-time student rather than engaging in work. Due to the fact that this is a Non-immigrant visa, usually applicants’ intention to come to the U.S. plays an important role for the final approval decision.

Although a few work visas may change the status to permanent residency (green card), most non-immigrant visas petitioners must show no intention to remain in the U.S. after the termination of their legal stay. Usually, petitioners’ dependent spouses and minor children will be given derivative visas according to the granted visas applied. Start your research today by clicking the appropriate categories on the left and have our professionals guide you according to your concerns.

K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa for a foreign-citizen fiancée of U.S. citizens. This visa permits the foreign citizen fiancé (e) to travel to the U.S. and marry his/her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. After the marriage takes place within 90 days of arrival, individuals’ spouses may apply for permanent residence and remain in the U.S. while USCIS processes the application. If the individuals’ fiancée has children and are under age of 18, K-2 visa may be available to his/ her children.

K-3 non-immigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen spouses of U.S. citizens. This type of visa serves the purpose to shorten the physical separation between the U.S. citizens and their foreign spouses. Foreign spouses’ children under the age of 18 may be given the K-4 visa. Once the foreign spouses and their qualified children enter the U.S. through K-3/K-4 visas, the U.S. sponsors can begin the immigration process for them.

Jian Law Group offers the most comprehensive service to closely help individuals and their foreign fiancée/spouse with the application for their immigration process and other obstacles our clients may face. For all other inquiries please contact Jian Law Group for further assistance.

bottom of page